Fresh Vietnamese Spring RollsApril 15, 2015
BeerMay 26, 2015
This combination will delight your taste buds with sweet, sour and slightly spicy!
Southwestern Broccoli Slaw
- 2 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 medium red onion (optional), thinly sliced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or more lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (optional)
- 2- 4 tablespoons fresh Cilantro chopped and added at end. I love cilantro!
- In a large serving bowl, combine the carrots, broccoli slaw, jalapeno and red onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the lime juice, lime zest, vinegar, sea salt, agave, and the black pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the vinegar mixture, pour over the vegetables and toss together to combine.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Mango Jicama Salsa Fresco
- 1 red bell pepper-diced small
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1/2 small Jicama (1/2lb.) peeled and diced small
- 1 mango peeled and diced small
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro- chopped
- 1/4 tsp. each: cumin, garlic powder (or 1/2 tsp. Mexican fajita seasoning)
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 small Jalapeno pepper minced
- 4 limes juiced (2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil or Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. real maple syrup or agave nectar
Directions: Mix all ingredients together.
Grilled Cumin Chicken Breasts
- Grapeseed oil cooking spray
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (5 to 6 ounces each) pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 3 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Serving suggestion: Pureed yam (just add coconut oil or ghee and pinch of sea salt)
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Rub chicken breasts with oil.
- Combine cumin, salt and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture evenly onto chicken breasts.
- Grill until grill marks have formed and chicken is cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat, let rest for 3 minutes
Serve with salsa on top, side of broccoli slaw and mound of pureed yam.