Let’s Talk About BeansAugust 28, 2015
Trout Meunière Amandine (Lemon Trout Almandine)April 6, 2016
A healthier version of steak & mashed potatoes!
Free of: Wheat, Gluten, Grains, Dairy, Corn, Soy, Egg, *Nuts and Nightshades.
All EFVD/GFVD lifestyle programs friendly! Even Candida Diet!
- 1 head cauliflower (1 ½ – 2 lbs. cauliflower, stem and tough stalks trimmed, florets roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. GF chicken broth or full fat canned coconut milk for a creamier texture
- 3 Tbsp. clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper (use white pepper if you prefer not to see black specks)
- 2 strip steaks (1 inch thick; 1 1/2 pounds total)
- Grapeseed oil or Avocado oil for searing steak
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar (balsamic, red wine or apple cider)
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 Tbsp. ghee plus sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and fit it with a steamer basket.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the cauliflower in the basket, cover, and steam until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the steaks with sea salt and pepper.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest before slicing.
- While the steaks cook, transfer the basket of cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add chicken broth, ghee, sea salt & pepper. Puree until smooth, scraping down sides if needed. Put processor pusher in to keep puree warm.
- Now add the asparagus to the steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until tender but still crunchy, about 3-4 minutes. Drain water and put into a bowl with ghee, sea salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the parsley, olives, shallot, vinegar, olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Serve a spoonful of tapenade on top of steak and add sides of cauliflower puree and asparagus.