Zucchini Pasta with Salmon and ArtichokesJuly 30, 2015
Miracle NoodlesAugust 25, 2015
These are so yummy that you will not believe these are free of: Gluten, Dairy,
Corn and Soy! No grains other than Rice and can also be made Nut and Egg-Free!
Makes 4 round waffles 6″ in diameter
Special equipment: waffle iron
1 cup GF rice flour
1⁄2 cup potato starch (NOT Potato Flour)
1⁄4 cup GF tapioca flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. evaporated cane sugar, real maple syrup or agave nectar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1⁄4 cup coconut oil (melted/liquid)
1 1⁄3 cups vanilla almond milk or coconut milk (carton)
2 eggs (separate whites) or for Egg-Free: 1 well mashed banana
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm).
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon) in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, oil and egg yolks in another bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in a third bowl until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the milk mixture into the rice flour mixture and gently stir until just incorporated (it’s ok if there are some lumps).
- Add a bit more milk if too thick or a bit of rice flour if too runny.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Lightly brush or spray the top and bottom of the waffle iron with some oil.
- Fill the waffle iron about three-quarters of the way full (some waffle iron should still be showing).
- Close the lid gently and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Keep the cooked waffles warm in the oven or covered with foil on a plate while you make the remaining waffles.
- Serve with real maple syrup, ghee (clarified butter) and fresh berries.
- They freeze well so you can make extra!
- Can also be used for a sandwich if you use unsweetened unflavored DF milk and omit the banana, cinnamon and sugar.